Saturday, October 30, 2010

My favorite example!

As a continuation of my last blog, I will now give my favorite example of an ensemble who demonstrates correct singing very well. They are called Chanticleer. They are an all male professional ensemble and one of the only full time professional classical vocal ensembles in the United States. Now I may be biased when it comes to saying that they are the best, because they were one of the first ensembles I heard about when I started singing. That being said, they are the best! They sing the full range, meaning bass to soprano, with some of their singers being countertenors, or men who sing in the female range. Some of my favorite works by them include Ave MariaAgnus Dei, and Summertime. I think to me, what makes them so great is their ability to make such a unified sound and their versatility. They are known for their renaissance music, but can just as easily perform contemporary, jazz music, or anything style possible. There are so many talented singers in the performing world, but their keen ability to listen and adapt to one another is superb. My high school choir had the privilege of performing with them last year at Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco and I have watched them at Walt Disney Concert Hall. It is my biggest goals to be part of the ensemble at some point. I plan to audition for the group in ten years. If anyone is looking for a solid vocal ensemble, this is the group I would recommend.
Happy Listening
-Emilio

No comments:

Post a Comment