Thursday, October 14, 2010

More New Music!

Ok so my last few posts have all been about discovering new music and this one will follow suit. I know that many people like certain styles of music but I've found that it's mostly because they do not open up to new music. I'm not asking you to like all music, but I'm just hoping you give it a shot. Some of these artists, you may already know, but for the one's you don't, give them a listen. I used to be in a Ska band and it was tons of fun. It's not the most sophisticated music, but will get your mood up and will keep the good times rolling. Imagine fast reggae mixed with punk. Some popular ska bands include Reel Big FishStreetlight Manifesto, and The Supervillians. Some new school reggae includes RebelutionIration, and Tomorrow's Bad Seeds. This new school reggae is a little more pop and rock than the older stuff, but it will still get you chilling and makes for some good beach music. Lastly, I will give out some bands that are what I like to call pop-folk. A lot of it is sad, but sometimes that's just was I need. It's pretty bare music being that it usually relies mostly on acoustic guitar, piano, and vocals. Some artists include my girlfriend's personal favorite, Ingrid MichaelsonWillaim Fitzsimmons, and City and Colour. Well I hope this gives you something new to listen to.
Happy Listening
-Emilio

2 comments:

  1. Hey!, what is the name of the band you used to be in? I am not really into ska, but most of my friends are. Eventhough I am not into it, I did go to a show once and got socked on my eye. =) Haha it was fun. Also, I went to a couple of Battle of the Bands at my school. D-Skarados played there, im not sure if you've heard them, but they were the "biggest" ones around my block. Man, you just brought back some good old memories... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Sketchy Styles. I don't know where you're from, but we used to play with bands from the Orange County ska scene. Ouch! those skank pits do get a little crazy sometimes, but you're always guaranteed a good time! Skarados isn't ringing a bell, but i'll look them up and see if I have heard they're music before. My band may have a reunion show in December or January. If we do, I will post it on here just in case you wanna check it out!
    -Emilio

    ReplyDelete