Thursday, September 23, 2010

Music Intro

Hey everyone, my name is Emilio and this blog will be about all things music. For this particular one, I will give an overview of my musical background and then get into topics I would like to discuss in later blogs. I have always listened to music in one way or another. My father was a musician before I was born so there were always instruments around the house growing up. When I was eight years old, I tried playing guitar, but thought it was too complicated. During the summer, when I was nine, I began learning flute and had fun with it but stopped once school started again. I also had music class in fifth through eighth grade, but never paid much attention. When I was twelve though, I took up guitar again and fell in love with it. Since then, I have learned bass and started singing. My senior year of high school, I decided to join a chamber choir and take music appreciation class because music, in some way, is what I want to do with my future. I found a new passion in choral music and am now attending the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music at Cal State Long Beach as a vocal performance major. Aside from the more classical style music, I have been in a few bands over the past years as well. I was in an alternative band for about eight months, a ska/raggae band for about eighteen months, and an indie band for a few months as well. Music for me is a way to express myself and is one of my gift. I listen to all kinds of music and within my blogging will discuss different genres, bands, artists, instruments, and anything else I find interesting about music. Feel free to argue, agree with, or comment on what I blog.
-Emilio

1 comment:

  1. Sing your heart out my man! I can feel the passion in your heart for music and I'm eager to see what else you're going to right about. I was actually in the drumline at my high school and I know passion when I see it (or read it)!

    ReplyDelete