Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to find new music!

So one part about music that I love so much is that there is so much of it. There are concerts going on all the time, either at small coffee shops in the area or at big venues around the world. To me, it is a great experience going out to see one of my favorite artists to find a new artist that I really enjoy, as one of their opening acts. Check local coffee shops, music stores, creperies, etc. to see if they host live music on weekend nights. Ticketmaster and Live Nation are great places to start for bigger venues and bigger artists. Also, signing up with sights like Goldstar sends you emails that give codes to extremely discounted tickets for upcoming shows. There are also many other ways of finding new music. One which used to be more popular was music stores. Back when cassettes and compact discs used to be the norm, you could go into a store to buy a new album and find many cd players demoing other new music. I would always spend a lot more than I planned to whenever I went to places such as tower records. One great music store that I still love to go to is Amoeba Music. If you have never been, I would definitely recommend checking one out because the one in Los Angeles has the biggest physical music library I know, and I'm sure the others would not disappoint. Now I know I have not even begun to touch on the main ways of instantly obtaining new tunes, but that will have to wait until next time. To be continued...
-Emilio

No comments:

Post a Comment